Momtastrophe or Momtastic

Friday, January 3, 2014

24 Day Challenge: A Clean Eating Sample Menu

I am on day 2 of the 24 Day Challenge. What is the 24 Day Challenge? It is 24 days of eating lean and clean and adding in some nutrition supplements for additional support. I have been coaching friends and family through the challenge for some time now and I love helping people see that living a healthy lifestyle can be easy with a few changes to what they eat.

No matter how many times I tell people that this is not a diet, it is a way to kick off a healthy lifestyle, I still get questions like "can I still eat?" or "do I need to stop eating carbs?" Of course you can eat and carbs are important for a well balanced meal, but choosing the right carbs and the right food are very important for fueling your body the right way.  This is where the 24 Day Challenge and the coaching that comes along with it is so helpful, it helps us re-set our thinking, realize eating is a good thing and learn what we should be eating.

Here are all of the yummy things I ate yesterday on day 1 of my challenge.
I started my day with steel cut oats cooked in coconut milk with apples and cinnamon, along with egg muffins made with egg, spinach and onion. I don't know about you but I do not have time in the morning to make this everyday, so I prepared the oatmeal and eggs in advance and then froze them in muffin tins so that I have the perfect balance of protein and carbohydrate ready to pop in the microwave to start my day off the right way. On the days when I don't even have time to pop something in the microwave I grab my blender bottle and my Meal Replacement Shake for optimal nutrition on the go!

 My mid morning snack consisted of some homemade pear/applesauce topped with pecans.

  
Lunchtime consisted of rainbow bell peppers with tuna (which I mixed in the food processor with spicy brown mustard) and cucumber with hummus. I spend a little bit of time on the weekend prepping and portioning out my food, this makes it easy every morning to grab what I need for the day.


  
My mid afternoon snack was pistachios and apple chips (to make these I sliced the apples, sprinkled them with cinnamon and put them in the dehydrator over night).

For dinner I enjoyed some delicious chicken chili which spent the day cooking in the crock pot so when I got home from work it was ready to go! Check out Part 2 for more menu ideas!

I would love to help you reach you wellness goals and coach you to a healthier you. Feel free to email me with questions! To avoid spammers I am going to spell out my email address for you. You can reach me at Michelle at Catalyst2Health dot com!
 


No comments: