Momtastrophe or Momtastic

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

24 Day Challenge: Body Transformation

Throw out your scale right now! The numbers on the scale do not tell the complete story. The pictures you see are from my recent 24 Day Challenge. If you are unfamiliar with the 24 Day Challenge it is a comprehensive nutrition program that focuses on eating lean and clean and filling in the nutritional gaps with elite nutritional products. The same elite nutritional products taken by Drew Brees, Rich Froning, Jason Witten  and many other athletes at the top of their game! My favorite part of this program is that you get to eat so much food! I wrote up a few sample menus recently that highlighted some of the delicious and nutritious food I get to eat.




Why should you throw out the scale? Because the numbers don't tell the whole story. On my 24 Day journey I lost 2.4 pounds, which on the surface doesn't sound like much....but what those numbers don't tell you is that I lost 2% body fat and 1.5" off of each thigh. I lost a total of 10" during the 24 Days. The conclusion is I lost fat and gained muscle! Have you ever seen a comparison of 5lbs of muscle and 5 lbs of fat? Look how much volume the fat takes up compared to the muscle...crazy, right?

This 24 Day Challenge is not the beginning of my weight loss journey. After I had my son in June 2011 my body settled into size 8 clothing, and I was happy and comfortable with my new mom curves. I told myself that this is the body I have now been given and I am going to like it.

Fast forward to September 2013, I was 3 months post partum with my daughter and comfortably in size 8. I was pretty proud of myself for getting back my pre-pregnancy body 3 months after having a baby. I decided to try my first 24 Day Challenge, mostly hoping for some extra energy to keep up with the two kids, and at the end of the challenge those size 8's were a little big. I had lost a few pounds, 7 inches and 1.5% body fat and once again I was proud of what I had achieved, but I couldn't bring myself to buy new clothes yet...I was pretty sure my body just wanted to stay (or would go back to) size 8.
Fast forward again to mid-December 2013 and my pants were falling down, so I decided it was finally time to go get some size 6 jeans, and to my amazement I went home with size 4's! I figured this is as good as it will get, right?

I just completed my second 24 Day Challenge, and as I mentioned earlier I lost a few more pounds, and I lost 1.5 inches off of each thigh and 2.5 inches from my waist (total loss of 10") and another 2% body fat! Just for fun I decided to try on some size 2 jeans and they fit!!! So lesson learned...you don't have to settle for the body you are currently in. I am excited to continue my journey and add in some new performance elite products because FIT is the new SKINNY!

The 24 Day Challenge has not only given me my college physique back, it has helped so many others. There are so many things I love about the 24 Day Challenge, but the coaching and guidance you get is invaluable.  Check out my coach and friend Melissa and her husband Ben. They started with a 24 Day Challenge 2 years ago. Within a year Melissa went from a size 18 to a 4 and she has stayed a size 4 for another year. The products work! You can get fit and stay fit! Feel free to use my contact form so I can help you Get to Fit!









No comments: