Momtastrophe or Momtastic

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Nursery Decor: Gray with a Touch of Pink

Years ago my brother gave me this gorgeous photo of a pink and gray Mardi Gras mask. When I found out I was pregnant with a girl I knew the photo needed to be the centerpiece of her room. Using the mask as inspiration I decided to go with a pink and gray, New Orleans/French inspired room.


I found a unique shabby chic dresser set from the Scarlet Phoenix (Melissa was awesome to work with and her furniture collection is awesome!) The antique white base and slate gray top were a perfect fit for what I was envisioning. I was also able to find a gray convertible crib that will grow with my daughter.

I wanted to add personal touches throughout the room, so I asked my mom to create a monogram for the wall. She found an unfinished wooden monogram on etsy and painted it a slate gray to match the dressers. She then glued hundreds of pink and white craft pearls on to the letters. I asked friends from New Orleans to send pink and silver Mardi Gras beads to display and placed a photo of me and my grandmother (who my daughter in named after) over looking the room.

I created a pinterest board to put all of my thoughts in one place. I am really proud of how the room pulled together and I love snuggling with my daughter in the gray damask print recliner/rocker. My hope is that since the main color of the room is gray that the room will grow with my daughter and she will be able to add her own personality to the room when she is older.










No comments: