Momtastrophe or Momtastic

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Go Green!

For my on-stage question in the Mrs. Virginia United States 2009 pageant I was asked "President Obama has just finished his first 100 days in office. What advice do you have for him?" My response was to "Go Green. If we create an industry around wind and solar power we can create millions of jobs and reduce our dependence on foreign oil."

This question has had me thinking about what I can do to Go Green. My husband and I recently began bringing canvas bags with us to the grocery store for packaging our groceries (which we found out actually gets you a refund at some stores), we change our air filter regularly and turn off lights when we leave the room. This weekend we decided to start our own fruit and veggie garden! I will be photographing the process along the way to share the fruits :) of our labor.

Our garden (pictured above) has a few tomato plants and the rest is starting from seeds. We planted watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumbers, snap peas, green beans, bell peppers and spinach.

No comments: