Momtastrophe or Momtastic

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Throw me something mister!



I have a fond place in my heart for New Orleans (I lived there during high school and years later got married there) and I haven't been to Mardi Gras in a many many years, so when my friend Melissa posted a King Cake recipe on facebook that she took years to perfect, I thought I would try to recreate it Gluten Free!

My first attempt below was a big ole #FAIL. The dough was way to sticky and I could barely work with it (The cake tasted great, it just wasn't pretty.)

When my friend Lauren asked me to write a guest post on her blog Whisking Through Life  I knew it had to be something good. So I tried again to make the Gluten Free King Cake....and guess what? It came out great! The photo above was my final result. Check out the recipe and more photos here!

No comments: